Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Life with Abbu

Last Sunday Abbu and i were playing and when i reached out to pull him near,i accidentally hit my fav. candle holder which had a huge frame of glass and when it hit the ground it shattered into hundreds of pieces and the specks of glass covered a large area of the room....i asked Abbu to sit on the couch and assigned him the job of supervising my work,he was to tell me if i leave any tiny specks of glass behind while cleaning and sometimes one cannot see glass on the floor from certain angles depending on the light,  so my sweetie was to lie on the couch and check from all possible angles and he was doing his job well,telling me a couple of times when i couldn't spot the glass myself,the third time around he said  "Mommy,there's something shining there,right there" pointing at me, i said "what? where?" while looking at the wall and the floor behind me...then i looked at Abbu and he had a familiar,very pleased with himself look on his face,he then said "no,not on the wall Mum,on you,glass like,shining bright like glass...your eyes,Mum,your eyes"....i went "awww,that's so sweet baby,thank you" and ran and hugged him tight...he said "be careful now,don't break another one" :)  life with Abbu is indeed sweet....fyi  Abbu's my 7 year old son.